Wastewater Service Line

Sanitary Sewer Service Lines
CRMU provides wastewater collection service to its customers and maintains the sanitary sewer mains required to collect wastewater from homes and businesses.

Property owners are responsible for the connection (tap) to the sanitary sewer main and the piping (service line) that carries wastewater from the property to the main.

Who will make the repairs?
CRMU recommends that you contract the services of a licensed plumber.  If you do not make repair arrangements, CRMU will contract the services of a plumber or perform the work ourselves and bill the charges to your account.

How much will it cost for repairs?
The cost will depend on the work required to make the repair.

Insurance Coverage Options?
Many customers don't realize the entire exterior sanitary sewer service line that connects your home to CRMU's sanitary sewer main is your responsibility as a homeowner. If you were unfortunate enough to suffer a break in this line it would be up to you to find a plumber and face potentially costly repairs.

CRMU is making homeowners aware that your homeowner's insurance most likely doesn't cover these kinds of repairs; however, there are different insurance carrier plans that protect homeowners from the costs associated with repairs to their sanitary sewer service lines.  While CRMU does not promote or recommend a particular carrier - one such company that offers this type of insurance is HomeServe USA.